>Main Features of Ni-CD Battery
There is a polarity sign "+" by the positive terminal (painted red) on the accumulator cap.
Provides electrolyte filling and free gas outlet when charging.
4 Connecting element of contact banks into a block Bolted connection and welded connection.
Provides connection between electrodes and a terminal.
5.Contact bank Contact bank, welded to electrode, provides electrode's connection with the connecting element of contact banks.
Punched contact blocks are used for assembly of bolted connection electrode blocks.
7.Separator It divides positive and negative electrodes and provides free circulation of electrolyte between the electrodes.
8.Case It is made of plastic and metal. A rubber electrically insulating cover is put onto a metal accumulator case.
When choosing an accumulator it is recommended to take into account a number of factors, which depend on the electrochemical system in use or physical and chemical nature as well as on the producer's constructive and technological solutions Various constructive solutions and techniques enable to produce accumulators adjusted to different current rates.
1.Characteristic curve of accumulators of various electrochemical systems and environment temperatures
2.Recommended discharge rated duties for accumulators of different types(accumulators are grouped by discharge current value)
3.Metal accumulator cases are good for conditions of high mechanical effects.
Plastic case provides mechanical strength and durability has the best electrically insulating properties,
and secures visual electrolyte level control inside an accumulator Accumulators with alkaline electrolyte(nickel-iron and nickel-cadmium)
are characterized by not only a wide operation temperature range, but tolerance to deep discharges and external faults.
1. The charge and discharge can be repeated more than 500 times, which is very economical;
2. The internal resistance is small, and it can be used for high current discharge. When it is discharged, the voltage changes little.
As a DC power supply, it is a battery of excellent quality;
3. Because of the completely sealed type, there will be no electrolyte leakage, and there is no need to replenish the electrolyte;
4. Compared with other types of batteries, nickel-cadmium batteries can be overcharged or overdischarged,
and the operation is simple and convenient;
5. The performance will not be degraded after being placed for a long time, and the original characteristics can be restored after charging;
6. The usable temperature range is wide;
7. Because it is made of a metal container, it is mechanically strong.